DXMdirect.com Privacy Notice
Last updated: December 14, 2022.
This Privacy Notice describes how DXMdirect.com and its affiliates (collectively “DXMdirect.com”) collect and process your personal information through DXMdirect.com websites, devices, products, services, online and physical stores, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together “DXMdirect.com”). By using DXMdirect.com, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Personal Information About Customers That DXMdirect.com Collects.
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to DXMdirect.com.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of DXMdirect.com, including information about your interaction with content and services available through DXMdirect.com. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses DXMdirect.com and other content served by or on behalf of DXMdirect.com on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
Purposes for DXMdirect.com To Use Your Personal Information.
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve DXMdirect.com. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the DXMdirect.com website.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with DXMdirect.com.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to DXMdirect.com via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, text messages).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, DXMdirect.com, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
Cookies and Other Identifiers.
Your Personal Information.
We do NOT sell, share, or allow access to other parties our customers’ personal information. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with subsidiaries DXMdirect.com controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through DXMdirect.com. For example, transaction processors for credit/debit cards and other payment processors.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that DXMdirect.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of DXMdirect.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of DXMdirect.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Security of Your Information.
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software. Your connection to DXMdirect.com is secure and encrypted with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Our SSL certificate is issued by Cloudflare Inc., and is valid through 11/02/2023.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Information That is Accessible.
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, and profile information if you have set up an account at www.DXMdirect.com. In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please use our contact us form.
Under the age of 18 customers.
DXMdirect.com does not knowingly sell products for purchase by children under age 18. We sell over-the-counter products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use DXMdirect.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
Privacy Shield and Privacy Act.
DXMdirect.com participates in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks and the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions.
If you choose to use DXMdirect.com, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and applicable federal and state laws. If you have any concern about privacy at DXMdirect.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected When You Use DXMdirect.com.
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our stores;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use DXMdirect.com;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile;
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with a DXMdirect.com device or service;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- provide and rate Reviews; or
- employ Product Shipping and Tracking Alerts.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- e-mail addresses;
- content of reviews and e-mails to us; and
- information and documents regarding identity, including Social Security and driver's license numbers;
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- DXMdirect.com metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application);
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
- images or videos when you shop in our stores, or stores using DXMdirect.com.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources.
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our shipping carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; and
- account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services;
Information You Can Access.
If you have set up an account at DXMdirect.com, examples of information you can access through DXMdirect.com include:
- status of recent orders;
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, and password);
- payment settings (including payment card information, promotional certificate and gift card balances);
- e-mail notification settings (including shipping information);
- your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized preferences;
- content that you recently viewed; and
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile).